Monday, December 12, 2022

ear candy

 



Bear, the genius man behind the soundboard and the wall of sound of the seventies and eighties that, when in tune, would tear your hair off and let Phil Lesh turn it into goo with his bass while Bear's special love-filled acid, his other specialty, would get to you one way or the other and there we were. In 2023, in San Francisco, at Oracle park and arena, where the Giants play now, downtown on the bay, the incarnation of what is left of them, the Dead, and as many of us other members as possible, will close it up. The end of the live animal that was the Good Ol' Grateful Dead will wrap it up. I hope I get to go, I sure should be there, it should be a joyful afternoon. 

In 1969, acting in the character of a selfish pissed off kid, I was relocated to another relative for her to have a shot at keeping me out of prison and in school, she did that, it was hell on her, but she did it anyway, Catholic to the bone, Irish Catholic, Mass three times a week, tithing to the fucking pope...but...

The church saved me again, the real people who go there with hope and love in their hearts are still the overwhelming majority of them but, you got nuts everywhere you have a crowd, simple physics, right?

I say this because the first real show I ever went to was with my CCD teacher, that's like Sunday school for teenagers, classes in Catholic Doctrine, my teacher and his best friend took me, on New Years Eve, 69\70, to the Boston Tea Party for the rocking in of the new year, I was 15 in ninth grade, sneaking my substance involvements from the authorities and planning my career in its new shiny hip world, acid opened my eyes and they got stuck there, that way...tooo bad for you Mr. President and Co....I still know my rights whether you do or not. The big deal that night in Boston, under the bleachers of Fenway Park, we caught the Grateful Dead and I have never been the same, mostly because nothing is iota to iota, but you know what I mean.


Jess has done it again, she saves me regularly, and just knowing she likes me is enough to make me feel good.

I have been suffering because I just cannot find any kind of excellent ear bud things for twenty bucks or less, that are easy to use, last a while on a charge, sound good and I don't need a robot assistant.

I got good ones, but the price tag was more than twenty bucks.

She (capital S )found em', The Hollywood Blue Flames are coming in pretty good, I keep listening to them, they got the delta hook with a LA shade on it, it doesn't rock it hard, and it's level and steady, pros that feel it,, it glides in and smooths out instead jacking the level up to fifty, they get it at 25 and cruise, hollow body Gibsons, blues harps, not the big chromatics, just "key of c" harmonicas, Hammonds and Leslies, laid back and careful and hard to play. 

Great players, always always always

I just have to go check the paper on the natch, first thing, I gotta change the sounds here, we go to "Bodhisattva" by Steely Dan, they took their name from Linda Lovelace's Special Device in "Deep Throat' the movie not the FBI information to the Post guy. Great guitar from Skunk Baxter,  the drummer grew weed in Mendocino I heard, later, after his days in the band.

Following two of the major Amerikan journeys we are on currently. Perspective is all, the Bund was here in the thirties and forties, and the twenties are when Fascism became a word and a religious state, a religious state of governing, get in and stay in line or else and you do not want any 'or else' over at your place, you are white and Christian or at least you can say you are and keep your fucking head down and your mouth shut.

Otherwise, you fight, run and hide and fight again until it or you are over because in a Fascist Society if you don't fit the social norm, the minimum standard, you have gotta go, how can we gauge, really, how much the Nazis took from us when they killed all those poor people, those decent regular people that did nothing to them, they existed and living along and liars had made them out to be bad, this was before Israel had been founded, they were just regular folks, going about their lives and then, Hitler. 

Jesus Christ, can you just imagine...

while, meanwhile, back here in Jim Crow Amerika, maybe healing up some from the Karmic Debt we got for taking and keeping this land of "ours". I guess it is "ours", it has to be. Necessity is not my mother's name but I love the Mothers of Invention, as much as Tipper Gore at least. I was trying to be funny and say something, I need to go smoke something, I am falling apart... **OK...that's better**

A fucking Catholic Priest on the radio had the most popular show in the country. Radios were like one-way Facebook portals, everyone listened to the radio, and there was no TV even, yet. Movies and radio shows got us through the depression, and Franklin Roosevelt helped some too. No, you couldn't call in either, there were only three phones in Oklahoma then, I know a guy who had one, he didn't like it, put it in the barn, and shot at people that made it ring when he was in the bathroom.

The bad news is, they had right-wing radio, a big broadcast, reaching thirty million out of 160 million of us then, that's a third of us, listened to Father Coughlin, I guess he was the Limbaugh/Hannity of the day, I do not think there was any strong opposing voice from our side but he and his 'Bund" with Ford, Linburgh, Truman.... oops, maybe not Truman because he was a president and they can't do that, right? If you wanted to talk back, you had to write a letter, and then, trusted assistants open it and use it to start the fire in the stove or light cigars to chuckle with. 

The guy hated the Jewish people with a passion, I wonder how and why to this day, was it the old one, "The Jews killed the Messiah" while it is never mentioned that if they hadn't we wouldn't have one, a Messiah... if Jesu didn't croak, he couldn't have risen and had that nice dinner with all his buddies, he did not invite his mother, father, brothers or sisters, he was complicated like that, mysterious is what Jim Jeffries says and I agree. Did they eat before he died or after? I forget.

 Before he took off, I mean before he could take off with the space guys, he had to teach and inspire  those guys he was inspiring to start using collection plates for the "crowd" after they told the story, everyone liked to sit in the grass to listen to them and drink wine and eat bread and some dried fish, (maybe they had Dace in black bean sauce, I don't know.)... in the grass on the hillside, just like going to a free concert in the park in Speedway Meadows,  Hippie Hill, Polo Grounds, like that, no fences or lines, the guy that owns the McDonalds on the corner of Haight and Stanyon has to supply free milkshakes all day, to me at least.. they did a lot of skinny dipping in the river to celebrate shit, me and all the rest of the hippies I know like that method ourselves, I always thought and I still think that GG Park could use a river running through it, maybe later...I have been reminded about all this by listening to Rachel Maddow's podcast called "ULTRA"... three episodes so far*

*the whole thing, now. 12/12/22...That's right, I am remembering shit, watch out....


This messenger of the lord, on the air, explaining to 30 million people every show, a third of the country, how nasty and dangerous and dirty and all the dumb shit those dumbasses say, over the radio to mostly white Irish and German people, and he had them going and even some of his cohorts in the big Washington/ New York squads tried the same kind of shit MAGA has, technically,,,, with results that in the end will make you sick if you ain't a bigot.

They had a pretty solid plan and some senators and congressmen, no women in the August institute yet, just ones that snuck around,  but...a plane crash solved most of the FBI's problems and WW2 took care of the rest, I will let you listen to Maddow's podcast and stop about it here so I don't wreck it for you. It is really good and thought-provoking, to say the least.....

We sure haven't cooled out much, have we? Do you want to see for yourself how a Fascist outfit will treat us if we let them? Check out Syria, Assad's little desert spot, Belarus, Hungary...all of Russia, the closer to the center, that's Moscow, the worse it gets, I see. Israel is into apartheid now, a manifestation of Fascism, it is getting ugly out there," hungry freaks, daddy."*

*Frank Zappa*

Listen to Scott Ritter, the dude knows the Russian military really well, ours too and he compares NATO to Russia and has Russia knocking Ukraine off until NATO actually jumps in and then it is oh shit, nukes, insane motherfuckers are talking about tactical nukes, fuck them, nukes is nukes, it is insane to even think of using them, is Russia being driven insane? I just do not like this shit at all, it is really bad now, Russia is just going to mow their way in.

Bad shit is coming, worse than it already is, we cannot have nukes and stay here, they will get us all, sooner or later, tradewinds drop it everywhere, no one gets away, no thing, nuclear rain.

NATO NATO***who needs a NATO??***


The biggest problem you get with strongmen-type assholes is you get assholes, usually all swole up, talking a game or seven at once, they will hound and buffalo and bullshit and then claim" you had your chance but that's over now bub."

see them co-operating?
east meets west
west wins
always

Amerika has now, officially, elected and heavily supported a racist bullshit artist and half of the voters backed the Fascist. Right now, he is being handled like the fool he may be, will we still be waiting to see until snowflakes turn orange and pink with polka dots and fall with random cartoons on them, in other words, we will know what they tell us unless we go figure it out for ourselves. All that shit he won't give back? It's for blackmail, you know it, I know it, Vladimir Putin knows it, he wants some, is he going to get it from his pals in the Florida Sewers, maybe strapped to an alligators back down there, maybe just a snake? We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment