Monday, April 2, 2018

"Spring
See birds
smell flowers growing
Taste fresh new strawberries
Rebirth"

My fine young son Patrick wrote that when he was in second grade.
I still have it
It's always on the wall somewhere where I see it a lot.
He's gone, 19, almost twenty, living with friends in a big house out in the vinyards in  Sonoma County
Out by the Russian River
This spring I gotta get a Garden going, I am at war with suckers off stumps from Holly trees,violent slashing blackberry bushes, a fucking crow that hangs out and yells at me until I give him a dog biscuit
Things are going good
I like it

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful.

    I have a huge drawing of Eliot's somewhere, which survived the upheaval of our move from the high flats. A charcoal crow. Drawn, not in flight or perched in glowering life, but from behind glass in a Glasgow museum.

    It was too big for the wall.

    He did it while in Primary School.

    I am glad both Patrick and yourself are both well, Tim.

    Good luck with the garden.



    ReplyDelete