Saturday, August 30, 2014

One Funny Dude

Usually, unless there's an article by Matt Taibbi inside I leave the Rolling Stone to Jess, we got a subscription and she likes it, so thats that. Maybe a cursory going over or through, that's about it for me though. The latest one has a good picture of Robin Williams on the front, that's it,with his name, Birthday, and Last day here.  Morks mug. Cool hat
He looks tired under it.

  I don't know if or for how long if he did live in The City, but we, we in this instance means everyone in the world that wanted to play or just lay around relaxing and enjoying themselves however, had a volleyball game every Sunday, I think every one, and I used to play for awhile if it was going on when I was walking by I'd play for awhile and then walk on into the great beyond of that magic strip of The City, out to the Tulips,in season, and the windmill, then across Ocean Blvd. to Ocean Beach. One of the many best parts of that walk was that after I got to the beach, I got to walk back through the park to Stanyan Street.
Anyway
twice while we were whacking the ball at the net, Robin Williams ran , charged up jabbering and jumping up and around in circles and joined in.  5 minutes later the game stopped because everyone was laughing so hard and so much they became handicapped and helpless. Everyone got tagged,around the game, babys, dogs, anything alive there got it even the sqiurrels."Hey you hairy little branch hopping motherfuckers, we got ordinances about begging, get civilized"
"Oh, Jesus" ,he said to me, "Your poor mother, are you an only child, lets fucking pray you are for her and for the rest of our sakes too, how many people live in that hair with you, do they pay rent or just wake you up when your alarm clock fucks up?"
 then on to the next one, it was unreal. Maybe five minutes of utter hilarious fucking madness is how long it took him to tag us all, everyone.
   The next time he showed up he came foaming across the field, yelling "we've had it, I'm the ref, you will be doing exactly what I say for the rest of the game, now everyone,shirts off, just the girls, all you dudes can go now, lets go, get moving, we've got a schedule to keep here hubba hubba.."
     Then he tagged everyone again, "Sweet Jesus not you again, I thought that shit was fatal, there's a special hospital for specimens like you, I'll call an ambulance, maybe it's a medivac situation, did you already start killing dogs with a hammer? It's coming buddy, you poor bastard"
  He ran off back to the walkway and he was walking around with Michael Pritchard and Jane Dornacker, two more hilarious local comedians.

What the fuck do you say to a guy like that?
Rifleshot fast, unrehearsed off the top of his head, just unreal.

He did all kinds of good shit for everyone he could when he could.
He had enough though and decided to go, on his own terms, when he wanted to.
I ain't mad or sad. I'm glad he was here and I was too, at the same time.
So long, man.

1 comment:

  1. Great fucking story. Only one like it I have read since the funny man died.

    ReplyDelete