Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oh Boy

I got a turntable now that transfers the signal off of vinyl to CD or/and the hard drive in the computer. I got these little bitty earplugs now that make my old Klipsh headphones sound mediocre. I got socks up the ass, too. Not literally, now. What do you think I am?
                 These little fucker ear plug speakers make Led Zeppelin sound like they're in the room with me, but they're not, you understand. I'm really happy I can make all of this new technology perform to spec, unlike most of  my experiments with women, dogs, and children.
                       I'm going to need a cassette deck that'll transfer all of my cassettes over into the same place my records go. I have to do all of my records first, so I can hold off a while on the deck. See, even if I hurry I won't probably be able to finish up with the vinyl until around 2019 or so.
    I used to sell stuff when I was short. Never sold a record though, or a tape or any sound equipment. I need them. I need more. It's good to have shit that does what you tell it to. It makes you feel good.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't got one of those yet. Guess it would be fun to listen to some of my old records in the car as I make my way into the as yet untamed wilderness of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't got one either. I may splurge out on some little bud earphones, though. What make are they ?

    Well. You left the interesting part to last. I have lost guitars and pedals to pawn shops; I have sold amplifiers and leads. Haven't sold any vinyl, mind you, since I was 16. That hurt so bad, I never caved in again. I've been tempted but I like to look upon it as my last insurance policy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. V-Moda earbuds, $20.
    Ion Profile USB LP Turntable, $70
    ION makes you use fucking itunes. Jess got it for me so I have keep my big mouth shut, it's a "yes dear" situation. It works alright but those ituned motherfuckers don't want to surrender to the windows motherfuckers, which I like better. It's a lot of time,transfering,but you're listening too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah,ib....It would kill me to lose any of them. They're like my best little pookie ass friends and I guard them. I don't enjoy the same level of venomous rage coupled with furious jealousy for CD's though, I can't explain it. Therapists may be able to help. Line em' up for the interview.

    ReplyDelete